I see psychotherapy as a space and process that invites and allows us to be truly curious about ourselves and the world.
It offers us a unique opportunity to get familiar with and explore different aspects of ourselves as individuals and in relationships with others on multiple layers and in multiple spheres. The introspective and explorative nature of psychotherapy support us to develop and maintain a greater understanding of ourselves and others, which is particularly helpful in life’s many, ongoing transitions and changes.
I have worked with individuals and their networks in a professional and therapeutic capacity for over a decade, mainly in the public mental health system both as a registered Social Worker and a qualified and registered Psychotherapist. I have worked with people from diverse backgrounds, with a wide variety of needs and different emotional challenges, drawing on a number of social and psychological theories and frameworks.
In recent years I began focusing on psychodynamic and psychoanalytic work, and as part of this movement I am currently continuing my professional development with further clinical training as a psychoanalyst trainee with The Site for Contemporary Psychoanalysis.
· MA in Integrative Counselling andPsychotherapy – University of Roehampton London
· Structural Clinical Management (SCM)– Anna Freud Centre
· Relational Leadership in Complexity and Crisis – Think Ahead
· PGCert in Advanced Social WorkPractice – Practice Educator – MiddlesexUniversity
· PGCert in Advanced Social Work –Relationship Based Practice – Middlesex University
· Motivational Interviewing – LondonBorough of Hammersmith & Fulham
· PGCert in Advanced Practice inHealth & Social Care – Bournemouth University
· PGCert In Psychotherapy andCounselling– Regent’s University London
· Bachelor in Social Work (BSW) –
· British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
· Group of the Advancement ofPsychodynamics and Psychotherapy in Social Work (GAPS)
· Social Work England (SWE)
· Specialist Clinician – NHS
· Psychological Therapist - NHS
· Consultant Social Worker – NHS/Think Ahead
· Various positions as a Social Worker with Adult Social Care and NHS Mental Health Services